DRS 1300 DCS
METIS DRS 1300 DCS
The perfect merging between extreme quality and productivity for the most demanding market
It integrates METIS exclusive DC SynchroLight (Patent protected technology)
The DRS 1300 DCS introduces important features which have no comparison in any other system on the market such as the innovative DC SynchroLight lighting system (Dynamically Controlled Synchronized Light) which incorporates a unique technology developed by METIS, covered by patent deposited in January 2010, which allows to dynamic control the light in the scanning area.
DC SynchroLight technology gives the ability to control and change dynamically, instantly and automatically the angle and intensity of the light emitted by the light sources in the scanning area, making it possible to optimize the result of the digitization, depending on the type and nature of the originals and thus providing results previously unreachable.
In addition to the DC SynchroLight, METIS has also designed a proprietary software tool that allows post-scan light variations for real-time light changes and calculating 3D data from 2D color data, without the need to rescan the original; post-scan light changes enable to select the best light schematic in a matter of seconds and providing unique results unreachable by any other system.
Some of the new benefits introduced by the DRS 1300 DCS system are: high scanning speed; unique METIS SuperScan mode; the motorized digital camera allows achieving an optical resolution of 800PPI (and up to 1600x800PPI) on the A2 format; an unmatched lighting system with DC SynchroLight technology for light schematic variations; it supports the new METIS Scan Director software expressly designed for the industrial and decor applications; special scanning mode (require combining 2 SuperScan images into the Light Inspector software) allowing the generation of a dense and accurate Depth MAP for 3D printing/engraving purposes.
METIS DRS 1300 DCS main features and specifications
- Maximum original format: 91x130cm. Depending on the original type the scan format can be extended thanks to the Scan Merge stitching tool
- Optical Resolution: 400-800 PPI (adjustable from 100 to 1600 PPI)
- Very Large Depth of Field (user selectable)
- Focusing: fine adjustable by Software control
- Lighting: new “DC SynchroLight” system, LED based, (IR/UV free) active only during the scanning process, provides for thousands of different light schematics
- SuperScan mode: post-scan light changes, 3D data calculation
- High grade precision and reliable mechanic
- Automatic and motorized Cradles for holding any kind of originals (including books) up to the A0 format and up to 50cm; fully adjustable and user customizable
- Size (cm): Height 240, Length 205, Depth160; Weight: ~400 Kg
- Workstation minimal requirements: Latest i7 Intel Processor; 32 GigaBytes RAM; Windows 10 Professional 64bit
METIS SCAN DIRECTOR FEATURES
- The Scan Director is a completely new driving software specifically designed by METIS for the industrial and decor market and for handling 3D data and very large files
- Native 64bit software and processing
- 16bit per channel (3x16bit) image processing
- Customizable user Profiles for workflow optimization and system settings retrieving
- Fast Preview for real-time adjustments
- Automatic Lighting calibration and Gray Balance tools; Full ICC color profiling support
- Color/density tools: exposure, contrast, highlight, shadows, gamma, automatic adjustments, black and white points, histograms and point analysis, ICC color profiles, paper color correction, etc.
- Full Resolution image view immediately after the scan with History window
- “Light Inspector” tools allow for real-time light schematic variations and evaluation
- Ability to save in METIS DCS-RAW format for image post-processing