DRS 2000 DCS
METIS DRS 2000 DCS
Specially designed for the Fine-Art, Decor and Professional Cartography
It integrates METIS exclusive DC SynchroLight (Patent protected technology)
The DRS 2000 DCS is the largest model in the METIS DRS-DCS family with a scanning format of up to 200x121cm. It has been designed for the most demanding applications such as Fine-Art / Decor reproduction as well as for Professional Digital Cartography.
The DRS 2000 DCS introduces new important features which have no comparison in any other system on the market such as the innovative DC SynchroLight lighting system (Dynamically Controlled Synchronized Light). This incorporates a new technology developed by METIS, protected by patent filed in January 2010, that allows dynamic control of the light in the scanning area.
DC SynchroLight technology gives the ability to control and change dynamically, instantly and automatically the angle and intensity of the light emitted by the light sources in the scanning area, allowing to optimize the result of the digitization, depending on the type and nature of the originals.
In addition to the DC SynchroLight, METIS has also designed a proprietary software tool that allows 3D calculation and post-scan light variations for real-time light changes, without the need to rescan the original; post-scan light changes enable to select the best light schematic in a matter of seconds and to provide unique results unreachable by any other system.
Some of the other benefits introduced by the DRS 2000 DCS system are: no glass is needed in order to flatten the originals; the digital camera integrated into the DRS 2000 DCS system is vertically motorized in order to allow achieving an optical resolution of 1000PPI (and up to 2000x1000PPI); high scanning speed and operativity; perfect geometrical accuracy and high depth of field; extremely powerful and complete driving software with special Fine-Art / Decor features as “Light Inspector” software tool which allows to test thousands of different light schematics in real-time providing a flat or 3D visual appearance emphasizing the original texture of the material. METIS DCS-RAW format allows to change the light schematics when required without the need to rescan the original greatly improving the workflow.
METIS DRS 2000 DCS main features and specifications
- Maximum scan format: 200 x 121 cm (extendible to larger size thanks to the Scan Merge tool that allows perfectly and automatically stitching different acquisitions)
- Maximum thickness: 20 cm for 200 x 120 cm format; up to 50 cm for minor formats
- Optical Resolution: up to 1000PPI (software adjustable from 100 to 2000PPI)
- Image sensor: 16K CMOS trilinear, High Dynamic Range, low noise, high color fidelity
- Very Large Depth of Field (user selectable)
- Image Save formats: Metis MDC, Standard TIFF (Color: 48 or 24bit; Grayscale: 16 or 8bit), JPEG and other formats are also available in normal scan mode
- Auto-Focus: camera lens and lighting are vertically motorized and automatically adjusted by the software depending on the selected resolution and original thickness
- Lighting Schematics: 4 light sources with variable distance; thousands of different light schematics can be obtained through dimming and light distance setting (fully automated and software controlled)
- Light Source Type: High CRI LEDs, IR/UV free
- SuperScan mode: 3D depth map, post-scan light changes, etc.
- High grade precision/reliable mechanics and optics
- Holding Table: ~250 x 140 cm
- Scanner sizes: ~295 cm width, 240 cm depth, 245 cm height
- Metis vacuum table: optional
- Workstation minimal requirements: Latest i7 Intel Processor; 32 GigaBytes RAM; Windows 10 Professional 64bit
MAIN METIS SCAN DIRECTOR SOFTWARE FEATURES
- Native 64bit software and processing
- 16bit per channel (3x16bit) image processing
- Customizable user Profiles for workflow optimization and system settings retrieving
- Fast Preview for real-time adjustments
- Automatic Lighting calibration and Gray Balance tools; Full ICC color profiling support
- Color/density tools: exposure, contrast, highlight, shadows, gamma, automatic adjustments, black and white points, histograms and point analysis, ICC color profiles, paper color correction, etc.
- Unsharp masking, despeckle, deskew, 3D appearance, etc.
- Full Resolution image view immediately after the scan
- “Light Inspector” tools allow for real-time light schematic variations and evaluation
- Ability to save in METIS DCS-RAW format for image post-processing
- User customizable macro tools for automatic file labeling
and much more