DRS 2000 DCS
METIS DRS 2000 DCS
Specially designed for the Fine-Art, Decor and Professional Cartography
It integrates METIS exclusive DC SynchroLight (Patent protected technology)
The DRS 2000 DCS is the largest model in the METIS DRS DCS family with a scanning format of up to 200x121cm. It has been designed for the most demanding applications such as Fine-Art / Decor reproduction as well as for Professional Digital Cartography.
The DRS 2000 DCS introduces new important features which have no comparison in any other system on the market such as the innovative DC SynchroLight lighting system (Dynamically Controlled Synchronized Light) which incorporates a new technology developed by METIS, covered by patent deposited in January 2010, which allows dynamic control of the light in the scanning area.
DC SynchroLight technology gives the ability to control and change dynamically, instantly and automatically the angle and intensity of the light emitted by the light sources in the scanning area, making it possible to optimize the result of the digitization, depending on the type and nature of the originals.
In addition to the DC SynchroLight, METIS has also designed a proprietary software tool that allows 3D scanning and post-scan light variations for real-time light changes, without the need to rescan the original; post-scan light changes enable to select the best light schematic in a matter of seconds and providing unique results unreachable by any other system.
Some of the other benefits introduced by the new DRS 2000 DCS system are: no glass is needed in order to flatten the originals; the digital camera integrated into the DRS 2000 DCS system has been vertically motorized in order to allow achieving an optical resolution of 1000PPI (and up to 2000x1000PPI); high scanning speed and operativity; perfect geometrical accuracy and high depth of field; extremely powerful and complete driving software with special Fine-Art / Decor features as “Light Inspector tool” which allow to test thousands of different light schematics in real-time; special 3D and gravure scanning mode and filters allow to highly enhance the original texture / material. METIS DCS-RAW format allows changing the light schematics when required without the need to rescan the original.
METIS DRS 2000 DCS main features and specifications
- Maximum scan format: 200x121cm
- Maximum thickness: 20cm
- Variable Optical Resolution: 300-1000PPI (300PPI=200x121cm 1000PPI=200x36cm); adjustable from 100 to 2000 PPI
- Very Large Depth of Field (user selectable)
- Focusing: motorized, fine adjustable by software control
- Lighting: new “DC SynchroLight” system, LED based, (IR/UV free) active only during the scanning process provide for thousands of different light schematics
- Fine-Art scan mode: 3D image, post-scan light changes
- High grade precision and reliable mechanic
- 250x140cm holding table
- Vacuum table (optional on request)
- Workstation minimal requirements: Latest i7 Intel Processor; 32 GigaBytes RAM; Windows 10 Professional 64bit
MAIN METIS DRS SOFTWARE FEATURES
- Native 64bit software and processing
- 16bit per channel (3x16bit) image processing
- Customizable user Profiles for workflow optimization and system settings retrieving
- Fast Preview for real-time adjustments
- Automatic Lighting calibration and Gray Balance tools; Full ICC color profiling support
- Color/density tools: exposure, contrast, highlight, shadows, gamma, automatic adjustments, black and white points, histograms and point analysis, ICC color profiles, paper color correction, etc.
- Unsharp masking, despeckle, deskew, gravure filters, 3D texture, etc.
- Full Resolution image view immediately after the scan with History window, LOG file, etc.
- “Light Inspector” tools allow for real-time light schematic variations and evaluation
- Ability to save in METIS DCS-RAW format for image post-processing (include light variations and 3D)
- User customizable macro tools for automatic file labeling