METIS EDS GAMMA
The innovative A1 desktop planetary scanner with a superior image quality, ergonomics and high productivity in a unique integrated solution.
EDS (Easy Digital Scanner) means great quality, speed and ease-of-use.
The EDS GAMMA is an innovative A1 desktop planetary scanner, the latest addition to the METIS EDS family (Easy Digital Scanner). The EDS is a special line of professional scanners that has been created by METIS in order to overcome the usual limitations inherent this category of products. In particular, this scanner offers a superior image quality, ergonomics, ease of use and high productivity in a unique integrated solution.
Among the main characteristics of the EDS-GAMMA there are:
- scan area size and resolution can vary according to user needs thanks to the integrated zoom optics and to the variable camera height and position; this makes possible to acquire very large originals (even larger than the A1 format) or increase the optical resolution over 800 PPI on smaller formats
- original METIS V-table solution with automatic shape recognition, deskew and curvature correction features
- unrivaled image quality that is far beyond any other similar solution
- extremely rapid acquisition time
- integrated METIS LED lighting solution with advanced software control
- comprehensive EDS acquisition software with many powerful and useful features
- extremely simple to use thanks to the EDS software user friendly “icon based” interface which also supports touch screens.
METIS EDS GAMMA Technical Specifications
- Supported DSLR Digital Cameras (CMOS color):
- Nikon D850, 45.4 MegaPixels, Full Frame;
- Canon EOS 5DS, 50.6 MegaPixels, Full Frame
- Acquisition color depth: 14bit per channel (3 x 14bit), integrated sensors for real-time reading of exposure, color temperature and automatic focus
- Variable camera height and position in order to optimize scan area and optical resolution; adjustable optical resolution (over 800 PPI is possible) through:
- integrated Zoom optics with motorized focus
- variable camera height
- Acquisition area up to 90 x 60 cm / 35.43 x 23.62 in (A1 = 84 x 59,4 cm / 33.07 x 23.39 in). Acquisition area can be further extended (up to A0 format for drawings or maps with an appropriate lens and additional lighting).
- Adjustable working area: it includes the V-table which consists of two tiltable and shiftable fully independent plates which can be easily adapted to different needs and perfectly accommodate even difficult original such as old and fragile books with limited opening angle
- Acquisition time < 1 second; full cycle time, between one acquisition and the next one, including acquisition, processing and saving: ~ 2 seconds
- Professional EDS LED lighting system with high CRI and high luminous flux of 3800 lumen; it includes 4 LED lamps fully and independently adjustable in position and tilt. All lamps are directly controlled by the EDS Software
- PC minimal specifications: i7 Intel Processor and 16GB RAM; 2 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0 ports; Windows 10 Professional 64bit
METIS EDS SOFTWARE SPECIFICATIONS
- Background and parallel image processing/saving (image processing and saving do not affect the acquisition time)
- “Live Video” function allows a real time control over the scanning area; this is particularly useful in order to maximize image quality and to perfectly position the original respect to the camera
- Image review and navigator tools with a full resolution image viewer
- Automatic JOB handling with full image and shooting parameters save and reuse
- Automatic image naming with user selectable rules (customizable fields, programmable increments, programmable actions, etc.)
- Automatic or manual exposure and gray balance control (light color temperature compensation)
- Automatic or manual focus control (with Depth Of Field customization)
- Automatic and Manual Crop
- Automatic deskew and curvature correction
- Automatic book center and shape recognition; automatic page split with definable overlap
- Light uniformity correction filter
- Paper color correction filter
- Automatic Finger recognition and removal filter
- Anti-Reflection shooting mode (for glossy originals)
- EDS Light Control directly from the EDS software
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Image saving in grayscale and color in TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000, BMP, PNG, PDF, PDF-A, Multipage PDF, Multipage TIFF, TIFF G4 1bit
and much more.