DRS 2000 DCS
METIS DRS 2000 DCS
Specially designed for the Industrial and Decor markets
It integrates METIS exclusive DC SynchroLight (Patent protected technology)
The DRS 2000 DCS is the largest model in the METIS DRS DCS family with a scanning format of up to 200x121cm. It has been specially designed for the most demanding Industrial and Decor applications.
The DRS 2000 DCS introduces new important features which have no comparison in any other system on the market such as the innovative DC SynchroLight lighting system (Dynamically Controlled Synchronized Light). This incorporates a new technology developed by METIS, protected by patent filed in January 2010, that allows dynamic control of the light in the scanning area.
The DC SynchroLight technology gives the ability to control and change dynamically, instantly and automatically the angle and intensity of the light emitted by the light sources in the scanning area, making it possible to optimize the result of the digitization, depending on the type and nature of the originals.
In addition to the DC SynchroLight, Metis has also designed a proprietary software tool that allows post-scan light variations for real-time light changes and to calculate 3D data from 2D color data without the need to rescan the original; post-scan light changes enable to select the best light schematic in a matter of seconds and to provide unique results unreachable by any other system.
Hereinafter are some of the other DRS 2000 DCS features: the digital camera integrated into the DRS 2000 DCS system is vertically motorized in order to allow achieving an optical resolution of 1000PPI (and up to 2000x1000PPI); high scanning speed and operativity; perfect geometrical accuracy and high depth of field; new METIS Scan Director software for Fine-Art and Decor applications is available as well; the special 3D calculating mode allows the generation of a dense and accurate Depth MAP for 3D printing/engraving purposes (it requires to combine 2 SuperScan images in the Light Inspector software).
METIS DRS 2000 DCS main features and specifications
- Maximum scan format: 200x120cm. (extendible to larger size thanks to the Scan Merge tool that allows perfectly and automatically stitching different acquisitions)
- Maximum thickness: ~20cm for 200x120cm format; up to 50cm for minor formats
- Optical Resolution: up to 1000PPI (software adjustable from 100 to 2000PPI)
- Image sensor: 16K CMOS trilinear, High Dynamic Range, low noise, high color fidelity
- Very Large Depth of Field (user selectable)
- Image processing: 16bit per channel (3x16bit) independently from selected output format
- Acquisition modes: Scan, SuperScan (post-scan light changes, 3D data calculation), Direct SuperScan, DOF+ (various combinations are also possible)
- Image Save formats: Metis MDC, Standard TIFF (Color: 48 or 24bit; Grayscale: 16 or 8bit), JPEG and other formats are also available in normal scan mode
- Auto-Focus: camera lens and lighting are vertically motorized and automatically adjusted by the software depending on the selected resolution and original thickness
- Lighting Schematics: 4 light sources with variable distance; thousands of different light schematics can be obtained through dimming and light distance setting (fully automated and software controlled)
- Light Source Type: High CRI LEDs, IR/UV free
- High grade precision/ reliable mechanics and optics
- Holding Table: ~250x140cm, can hold up to 200Kg, integrates pressure sensors
- METIS Vacuum Table: optional
- Scanner sizes: ~295cm width, 240cm depth, 245cm height
- Workstation minimal requirements: Latest i7 Intel Processor; 32 GigaBytes RAM; Windows 10 Professional 64bit
METIS SCAN DIRECTOR FEATURES
- The Scan Director is a completely new acquisition software specially designed by METIS for the industrial and decor market and for handling very large files
- Native 64bit software and processing
- 16bit per channel (3x16bit) image processing
- Customizable user Profiles for workflow optimization and system settings retrieving
- Fast Preview for real-time adjustments
- Automatic Lighting calibration and Gray Balance tools; Full ICC color profiling support
- Color/density tools: exposure, contrast, highlight, shadows, gamma, automatic adjustments, black and white points, histograms and point analysis, ICC color profiles, paper color correction, etc.
- Full Resolution image view immediately after the scan
- “Light Inspector” tools allow for real-time light schematic variations and evaluation
- Ability to save in METIS DCS-RAW format for image post-processing