METIS SUPERSCAN PM3D
The first industrial scanner able to acquire Color and 3D surface embossing!
Based on new METIS PM3D® technology (Patent protected)
The SUPERSCAN PM3D® is based on new scanning concepts invented by METIS and aimed to respond to the special needs of the fine-art, industrial and decoration markets. In fact, the SUPERSCAN PM3D® integrates innovative technologies (patent protected) that allow to scan color and calculate 3D surface embossing information from it, and at very high resolution even on large originals.
This scanner extends the lighting and Superscan capabilities of the METIS DRS DCS series providing the ability to enlighten the original with 8 different and independent light sources, each aimed to a specific result. In particular, the SUPERSCAN PM3D® can enlighten the original with sharp or soft light sources from virtually any direction including also the possibility to control specular reflections (e.g. for gold / glossy materials). Thousands of different light schematics are possible and achieved automatically through sophisticated software and hardware controls.
Furthermore, the new SUPERSCAN PM3D® now allows to scan a wood plate orientated in any direction on the scanning table thanks to the new lighting system.
3D emboss scanning (depth MAP generation) is calculated based on the information provided by the different lightings and using unique algorithms developed by METIS that allows a dense and detailed 3D reconstruction of the original surface. Different kinds of embossed surfaces can be scanned with optimal results (wood, wallpapers, tiles, stones, etc.) and even glossy materials.
The SUPERSCAN PM3D® is the first scanner to breach the resolution limits caused by the number of pixels in the imaging sensors thanks to an innovative opto-mechanical design that allows a native optical resolution of 1200PPI on the full scanning area (200x130cm). Thanks to the Scan Merge tool scanning very large originals (exceeding the scanning area) is now also possible with perfect results. The SUPERSCAN PM3D® adopt the new METIS Scan Director software that has been designed specially to fulfill the requirements of the industrial, fine-arts and decorative markets and for handling 3D data.
SUPERSCAN PM3D main features and specifications
- Maximum scan format: 200x130cm (extend to larger size thanks to the Scan Merge tool that allows perfectly and automatically stitching different scans)
- Maximum thickness: ~10cm
- Optical Resolution: 1200PPI (adjustable from 100 to 3600 PPI)
- Image sensor: Thrilinear CCD – High Dynamic Range
- Scanning technology: X,Y microscanning
- Scanning modes: Scan, Superscan, direct Superscan
- Auto-focus positioning (table height automatically adjust based on original thickness set in the scanning software)
- Lighting spec: 8 light sources (4 sharp and 4 soft) that can be dimmed independently and combined into thousands of different light schematics; sophisticated cooling and temperature monitoring allows constant light emissions during time and always perfect results
- Light source Type: High CRI LEDs (typical 92), IR/UV free
- Scanning Time (e.g. 200x50cm at 400PPI) : ~5 min. for a normal scan and ~20 min. for a Superscan with 3D
- 16bit per channel (3x16bit) image processing
- METIS software run natively at 64bit on Windows 10 Professional 64bit
- Perfect colorimetric results with full ICC support
- Integrate METIS Scan Director software for controlling the scanner and acquisition process (see Scan Director documentation for further details)
- Integrate METIS 3D Light Inspector software for editing Superscan file and for 3D Depth MAP generation (see Light Inspector documentation for further details)
- Holding Table: 230x140cm, can hold up to 200Kg, vertically motorized (software controlled), integrate pressure sensors
- METIS Vacuum Table is also available optionally
- High grade precision/reliable mechanic and optics
- Sizes: 333cm width, 227cm depth, 170cm height; Weight: ~1.800 Kg